That’s it..really and truly. It’s a killer of both colds and friendships! Ha! This one is very simple. A grater and a glass jar is needed.
- 1 large onion or two medium
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- (optional) 2 inch piece of ginger or 1 inch of horseradish
- (optional) raw vinegar to cover
- Using the fine side of the grater, run the onions and garlic through, along with ginger or horseradish. Grate over a bowl and be certain to collect all juices.
- When through, pack into a pint glass jar, tamping down as you would kraut, until liquids cover grated goods.
- Raw apple cider vinegar can be added for extra liquid coverage.
- Place in kitchen cupboard and take 1 tsp juice every couple hours…if you dare!
- Garlic will take on a bluish tint due to oxygenation. If mold or scum forms, throw out.
- You can also strain off liquid after letting it set for a week and bottle the liquid to be used at your convenience.